General evaluation criteria
The written application as well as the provider presentation will be evaluated by the jury based on the following criteria:
1. Implementation method
What is the method and process used for the implementation of an ERP System?
In this section the implementation methodology is to be explained and substantiated.
2. Customer communication and sales marketing
Which initiatives and campaigns are pursued to promote public and customer awareness?
In this section the sales and marketing effort and activities to demonstrate competence are to be explained and substantiated.
3. Research and development
Activities in the field of research and development are to be presented in this section, as well as cooperation with research institutions, if applicable. This can be demonstrated on the basis of relevant projects or other initiatives.
4. Specific customer benefit
In this section, the customer’s voice should be heard. A customer statement is to outline the specific benefits resulting from the introduction of the system. This could be - for example - in the form of a profitability assessment, a feasibility report, or any other perspective.
Industry specific evaluation criteria
5. Industry specific functionality
The special suitability of the system for the selected industry category will be evaluated in this criterion. Both the industry specific requirements as well as the matching software solution are to be illustrated.
In this section the user-friendly design of the system is evaluated. To assess the system’s ergonomics, compliance with ergonomic principles is to be elaborated. In addition, two descriptive screenshots with explanations should be submitted.
7. Technology and integration capability
This criterion requires a description of the system architecture as well as the adaptability and flexibility of the ERP system. The upgradability of individual adaptations is to be explained. Further also a description of the system's ability to integrate into existing and cross-company system landscapes. Statements are to be made further as regards to the connection of suppliers and customers via the Internet, as well as the interoperability with other application systems.
§ 1 Subject matter
These conditions of participation regulate the legal framework for participating in the 'ERP-System of the Year' competition which is organised by GITO mbH Verlag für industrielle Informationstechnik und Organisation, Kaiserdamm 23, 14057 Berlin (hereinafter referred to as 'GITO Verlag'). They apply to the participant (hereinafter referred to neutrally as the 'participant') on the one side and GITO Verlag (hereinafter referred to as the 'organiser') on the other. Recourse to the courts is excluded. The judges' decision is final.
§ 2 Conclusion of the contract / prices
The following conditions apply.
1. Each participant may only take part in the competition in his/her own name or in the name of the consultancy company for which he/she works.
2. The fees and prices as stated in the conditions of participation shall apply.
3. The contract shall come into effect upon conclusion, latest after submitting the application form, and is subject to the right of revocation stated in § 5.
4. For the participation of the 'ERP System of the Year' competition, a fee amounting to € 590.00 plus VAT will be charged per category. You will receive a detailed, individual evaluation of your application. A short profile of all nominees will be printed in the 'ERP-Management' magazine. In addition, the award winners will be also mentioned in a following issue. All nominees and award winners receive five free copies of ‘ERP-Management’. Additional copies thereof can be purchased with a 50% discount.
5. In addition, you are entitled to use 'Nominated for the ERP System of the Year' finalist and/or 'ERP System of the Year' winner seal in your category for one year without any restrictions. The costs for the seal (per category) are € 500.00 and € 1,000.00 respectively, plus VAT. The seal may not be changed.
§ 3 Content and scope of services
Please refer to the tender documents to inform yourself about the details of participating.
§ 4 Rights and duties of the participant
1. The participant bears full responsibility for sending the materials sent to the organisers. The participant is liable for his vicarious agents.
2. The participant warrants that the submitted content is true and accurate and indemnifies the organizers for the use of the submitted content in the context of the competition from any claims for damages upon first request.
§ 5 Cancellation and revocation policy
1. The participant is entitled to revoke his contractual declaration in writing (e.g. letter, fax or e-mail) within two weeks without stating reasons. The period begins with the conclusion of the contract. The timely dispatch of the revocation is sufficient to meet the deadline. The revocation is to be sent to:
GITO mbH Verlag für Industrielle Informationstechnik und Organisation
14057 Berlin, Germany
2. Your right of revocation expires prematurely if, before you have exercised your right of revocation, the contract has been completely fulfilled by both parties at your request.
§ 6 Warranty and liability
1. The organisers do not guarantee that the competition will be accessible and free of faults at all times. This especially applies insofar as access to the competition is caused by disruptions that lie outside the sphere of influence of the organisers.
2. The organizers are not liable for the accuracy, completeness, validity, and timeliness of the data. In addition, the organisers do not accept any liability for the usability of the data by the participants. The contracting parties shall compensate each other for damages, irrespective of the legal grounds. This shall be the full amount in the case of intent, or the amount of the typical and foreseeable damage that should have been prevented by a duty of care or the guarantee of quality in the case of gross negligence and the absence of a guaranteed characteristic. In all other cases of a breach of an essential contractual obligation due to default or an impossibility in the case of typical foreseeable damages, liability is limited to a total maximum amount of € 1,000.
§ 7 Data protection
1. The organisers shall treat the personal data of the participants confidentially and shall only make this data available to third parties to the extent that this is permitted by data protection law or if the participant consents to this.
2. The organisers point out that personal data of the participants will be processed electronically.
3. In the event of a termination of the contract, the personal data of the participants shall be deleted upon the effectiveness of the termination, unless further storage is legally provided for or separately agreed.
4. By registering, the participants agree that GITO mbH Verlag für Industrielle Informationstechnik und Organisation may process personal data, send information and promotional communications concerning its events, products and services as well as contact the participants by telephone. By registering, participants consent to the processing and disclosure of their personal data to third parties by GITO mbH Verlag für Industrielle Informationstechnik und Organisation and affiliated companies.
5. It is expressly pointed out that film and sound recordings as well as photos will be taken at GITO events and functions. By attending the event, participants declare their consent to the subsequent use of these film and sound recordings.
§ 8 Term of the contract and notice period
1. Unless agreed otherwise, the agreement shall be concluded for the period of the competition event.
2. The right to terminate without notice for good cause remains unaffected. In the event of a violation of these terms and conditions or the reasonable suspicion of a violation by a participant, the organisers are entitled to terminate the contractual relationship extraordinarily and immediately block access.
§ 9 Final conditions
1. The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively. The application of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is excluded.
2. Legal recourse is excluded. There is no right of appeal.
3. Should any of these provisions be invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. To a large extent, ineffective provisions shall be replaced by effective provisions that achieve the intended economic and legal purpose.
4. The place of jurisdiction shall be Berlin, insofar as the customer is a merchant within the meaning of the German Commercial Code, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law. The same shall apply if the customer does not have a registered office or usual place of residence in the Federal Republic of Germany at the time the action is brought.